The first Koha workshop organized in Kenya by the Koha Kenya Society was held on Friday October third. The workshop centered mainly on installation and configuration of Koha, and migration of Data from other formats to MARC21 for migrating into Koha.
Atleast six institutions were represented including:
- Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology – NEGST
- Australian University –AUSI
- Gretsa University – Thika
- Shalom Research & Documentation Center –SHAREDOC
- St. Paul’s University – Limuru
- Slums Information Development and Resource Centers – SIDAREC
Koha Kenya society is seeking to increase the circle of the network of libraries and information centers using Koha as an ILS to improve standardization, partnership and information sharing.